Skip navigation

Fitness to practise - Raising concerns

Information on how to raise a concern about a professional on our Register

We protect the public by investigating concerns about an HCPC registrant’s fitness to practise.

Anyone can raise a concern about a registrant’s fitness to practise. This includes members of the public, employers, the police, other organisations and other health and care professionals.

However, it is important that you read the information on the following pages to help you to decide whether you should make the referral to us. This will not take long. At the end you will be taken to our ‘How to Raise a Concern’ form. 

To start the process of raising a concern, please select from the options below.

I am a member of the public or colleague
I am an employer of a HCPC registrant
I am an HCPC registrant referring myself

Raising a concern on behalf of another organisation

If you are making a referral on behalf of another organisation, please follow the "I am a member of the public" route.

Find more information on what we can investigate


Whistleblowing is where a worker (an employee, former employee, trainee, agency worker or member of an organisation) reports a wrongdoing in the public interest.

See our policy for whistleblowers

Page updated on: 11/06/2018