The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) about how we will work together and share information.
The working relationship between HIS and the HCPC is part of an assurance system for healthcare in Scotland which promotes patient safety and high quality care.
This new memorandum sets out the framework for working relationships between both our organisations. We intend to work jointly together by adopting the following principles:
- Making decisions that promote patient safety and high quality healthcare
- Respecting each organisation’s independent status
- Maintaining public confidence in both our organisations and the regulatory process
- Openness and transparency between the two organisations as to when cooperation is and is not considered necessary or appropriate
- The need to use resources effectively and efficiently
Read the HIS and HCPC Memorandum of Understanding for more information.