The level of care you receive from a registered professional should meet our standards
All the professionals on our Register must meet our standards. This means doing the following things
Treating you as an individual
- Respecting your needs, wishes and confidentiality
- Communicating with you in a way you can understand.
Being honest and trustworthy
- Telling you if things go wrong in your care or treatment.
- Doing what they can to put things right.
- Keeping the relationship professional.
Putting your safety first
- Only doing what they know and understand, or referring you to another professional.
- Learning from mistakes.
- Speaking up if they are concerned about your safety.
Page updated on: 25/10/2018